Wednesday, February 23

technologically dependent

im driving to my soccer game in rush hour traffic last night when i decide to call my dad for the third time, just for fun, just because i got a bluetooth device for christmas and its really fun to put this tiny phone on your ear and talk and drive your car at the same time. however, not 10 seconds into the conversation, my phone beeps letting me know that it is going to die, and to promptly end my conversation. so not only do i have to hang up, but i have to TURN OFF my phone, thus not allowing me to see who calls! oh no! so i turn up the radio to entertain myself. then i see my gas light on. whoops. so i have no phone, no gas, and a game i must make it to or i will die from soccer deprivation. this is bad news. i dont know which is worse...the realization that i am extremely dependent on technology...cell phone, car, computer, etc...or the thought that i might miss my soccer game if i run out of gas. no worries, i made it to my game. and kicked the living snot out of our opponent. ; )

3 Comments:

Blogger shellie said...

glad to hear you kicked butt! i'm the same way though, its like another world if I go for a walk without my ipod these days, and my computer power chord died today so i have been freaking out, you know why? cause i spend 80% of my day in front of the screen. scary huh?

haha. well, i guess it could be worse. i could be a hill billy.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

yeah its so weird. I didnt have a cell phone for like the first 18 years of my life and managed just fine... now its like if I go anywhere without it I freak out! Weird! Yeah i have one of those earpices too for the phone! its fun! Great for driving. I actually use it all the time b.c I'm too lazy to hold the phone to my ear! Ha and yeah technology is great! I too would not be employed.

11:00 AM  
Blogger JessPatterson said...

I just wanted to say Hi Missy!!!
Give me a call soon!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home